Saturday, November 3, 2012

Oh, Sandy

As a New Yorker it's hard to imagine the city with no public transportation, no bridges, and even without power. As New Yorkers we're a bit cocky and sometimes even too cool for something like this to happen, that's what you're taught as a citizen of this amazing city. As I sat glued to the TV, Twitter and Instagram I watched in horror from Austin, TX where I had been grounded due to Sandy. I had been blessed to have missed the Super Storm and instead bonded with great friends while my fellow East Coasters braved the storm. As I landed at Laguardia yesterday the city looked like a ghost town-even from an altitude of 30,000 ft. 

As donations of food, water, clothes, and even blood pour into local shelters and agencies I wanted to include a link to the American Red Cross website where there are an onslaught of options to donate whatever you can to help my fellow New Yorkers. If you wish, you could simply text REDCROSS to 90999 and donate directly from your smartphone. If by some weird chance you are a disaster survivor and are on this blog looking for information, have no wifi and need to apply for FEMA assistance click here.

One thing that Sandy has reiterated for me is...




xo,
M


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...