Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Street Art- The Kissing Sailor


I am a big fan of street art...especially when it's around my proverbial backyard (NYC). I love Eduardo Kobra's mural found right on the Highline. Kobra's painting is a rendition of Albert Eisensteadt's famous photograph, taken August 14, 1945 at the V-J celebration in Times Square. The use of color here is genius! If you want to see more of Kobra's work check it out here

Below is another interpretation of the Kissing Sailor. I took this photograph during my last visit to San Diego. This one was a 25-foot statue located on the waterfront site near the USS Midway Museum- the San Diegoans call it the "Unconditional Surrender". 


This post is dedicated to my awesome sister! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...